Saturday, September 13, 2008

D for Dinosaurs

The letter of the week was D and the theme was dinosaurs. Once again, we had a very busy week. I have a feeling this will be the norm. Monday we talked about D and read a book called, "Dinosaurs Big and Small." We did a color activity that I had planned for the previous week, but didn't get to do. I put shaving cream in ziplock bags and let Sawyer put food coloring in the bags and smush it all around to make red, blue, and purple shaving cream. I was going to let him finger paint with it, but he wasn't too interested in doing that. He just wanted to smush it in the bags and that was fine with me.
Tuesday I had Sawyer color a color by letter picture of a dinosaur. It had Ds on it and I told him to color all of the D's green. He liked naming the different letters and coloring the pic although he didn't keep it in the lines.
Wed. we read a book about dinosaur bones and put a dinosaur puzzle together. He painted a plate and I cut it in the shape of a dinosaur. I found the pattern here.


Sawyer chose to make the flying dinosaur and paint it purple. I know it looks a little bit like a bird.
I don't even remember what if anything we did on Thursday. I kept his friend, Bobby again and he wasn't feeling very good, so I just tried to keep all of the boys happy. Then Jaxon started running a fever that evening.
Yesterday we went to the doctor and I told Sawyer that d is for doctor. I asked him what other words started with d. He remembered daddy starts with d and then he said "Dax starts with D." He has a hard time with his J sound, so he pronounces it with a d. I guess he was right that dax starts with d, but I had to tell him that his brothers name is Jax, not dax. I helped him make a dorothy dinosaur with a toilet paper tube. I found this activity here.

No comments: