Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Tot School

Tot School
Last week we were out of town visiting family and looking for a new house, so these pics are actually from two weeks ago. Things have been so busy and probably won't get any better for a few weeks. We are going on another little trip next week and then we close on our house in Texas and move to Louisiana. I have so many ideas and things I want to do with the kids, but it has been hard to fit it all in. I probably won't be able to post much for the next month or so.

Last week I let the boys play with sugar. I tried to get Sawyer to write letters in the sugar. He did l and o and then just wanted to fill his trains with sugar which was fine. Jax had fun pouring and transferring sugar and making a big mess.

We also did these backyard number boxes that I found from Teach Mama. I forgot my tape though and the wind kept blowing our flowers away. I also should have started with a smaller number, because the boys got bored of it after about 5 boxes.

Recently Sawyer has learned how to spell his name, Jaxon's name, mommy and daddy. One day I wrote our names on sticky notes and had him stick them on the correct person. I also made this little chart with our names and had him match the pictures.

He really liked this and was able to do it correctly the first time. I want to try doing this with new words each week.

The boys also had fun playing in the sand at the sprinkler park.

Two weeks ago our air was out so we stayed with my in-laws. The boys always have fun there. Here is Sawyer playing barrel of monkeys with Daddy and Lulu.

Check out what other kids did in tot school this week.

2 comments:

Amy said...

I love the matching the pictures to the names idea, I will definitely have to try that when my M is a bit older. Thanks for sharing!

Nicole {tired, need sleep} said...

I think you are a brave mama to let your kids play with sugar! :) Mine would've had his tongue all over it. Great ideas, and great pictures. Looks like they are having a lot of fun.