Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Back to School

We are finally getting back to normal around here. We are all moved in to our house and the boys are doing well with the transition. I have really missed our tot school time together. We are still working on our playroom/school room as well as my craft closet, so things aren't perfect, but I decided we will do what we can for now. I have decided to review a new color and letter each week. My goal for Jax is that he will learn to recognize and name the colors and letters. Sawyer can do those things, so my goal for him is to learn his color words and begin writing his letters. This week we are doing letter r and the color red.
We are also going to begin each day with a bible story and weekly Bible verse during breakfast.

Yesterday, the boys made a red collage. I put out different red scraps and materials for the boys to glue on their papers.

Jax had a little trouble squeezing the glue by himself. Next time I will put some glue on a plate and have the boys dip q-tips in it.


Next, I had the boys string beads onto a red pipe cleaner. This is a great activity to help with fine motor skills. Jax wasn't able to do it at first, but with a little practice he could do it all by himself. I put the letters r e d out for Sawyer and had him spell red on his pipe cleaner.


Sawyer suggested that we play a game of candy land, so we did this as well. He is a competitive little guy, but not a poor sport. He likes to play by the rules.

The boys also played with their clippos. Here is Sawyer building a house. I also did a little writing practice with him. We are just focusing on tracing right now. He traced with his finger and then a crayon. He didn't want to try writing it on his own and I didn't push it.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Love this cute collage!