Wednesday, August 27, 2008

A is for Apple

We started with the letter A last week. We talked about capital A and lower case a and it's sound. Even Jax had fun saying a, a, a.
He participates is circle time by dancing and trying to grab everything out of my hand. Circle Time is 10 minutes max. I am finding that I spend more time planning than we actually spend on each activity, but that's ok. The boys are so young and I can't expect to keep their attention for very long. Jaxon is 11 months today and Sawyer is 2 years and 5 months.
Monday I cut open an apple and we looked at all the parts. We counted the seeds and then we painted red apple prints and glued the seeds on it. Sawyer also colored picture of an ape eating an apple.

Tuesday we sorted green, yellow, and red paper apples. I then had Sawyer glue seeds on the apples. I numbered the apples 1-5 and he glued that number of seeds on each apple. At snack time he sorted real apples and tasted apples of each color. He said red was his favorite. In the morning we read a story about creation and talked about how God made everything including fruit. Before nap I read him a story about Adam and Eve.

On Wednesday we read a book called "The Apple Pie Tree" and then we painted hand apple trees. Sawyer really likes painting. He likes wearing his paint shirt.

Thursday we read a book about the seasons of an apple tree and did a craft about the life cycle of an apple tree.

Friday was a little bit chaotic around here. I planned to let Sawyer help me make sugar cookies and cut them into shapes of apples, but it just didn't happen, so I made the cookies when the boys were napping and he helped me ice them. We took some to our favorite teachers, Daddy, LuLu, Happy, and Aunt Jessica, to tell them to have a great year. Happy can't have sugar so we took him an apple and the apple tree picture Sawyer made. He was really proud of himself and the things he created this week.

Can you tell which cookie Sawyer painted?

No comments: