Friday, November 14, 2008

Kangaroos, Koalas, Kites, and Kings

Well, we finished up K week today. Unfortunately I don't have pictures of all of our crafts. The boys broke the camera on Wednesday. Tuesday we read a book about a kite contest. Then Sawyer colored a kite with markers. I wanted him to tear and glue paper to it, but he wasn't interested in that. Jaxon joined us in coloring.
Sawyer started sorting these cards into piles. I showed him how they had numbers on them and he sorted them in rows from 1-5. Then I would tell him to hand me the card with 2 eyes or 5 fish. He loved this little impromptu learning game.

Wednesday we read the book, "Can you cuddle like a koala?' The boys acted out all of the animals and it was too cute. Then Sawyer made a koala puppet while Jaxon colored a picture of a koala. These are the last pictures I took before the camera broke. I was dumb and didn't put it in a safe place.
Today we talked about Kings and I read Sawyer a story about King Josiah. Then he decorated a crown. It is very cute, but you will just have to take my word on it since I don't have any pictures.

No comments: