Last week we talked about the letter J. During circle time we talked about words that start with J like jar, jelly, Jaxon, Juice, and Jungle. We took turns calling out commands like Jump, Jiggle, and Jog. I printed out Jungle Scenes and Sawyer glued the animals on. He was proud of his work.
This week we are learning about the letter K. I don't really have a theme picked out. We will just talk about different things each day. Today I read the boys a book called "The Blue Kangaroo". I read it twice in a row because Sawyer liked it so much. I actually read it in the bathroom, because we are working on potty training. Sawyer glued parts of a kangaroo onto a paper sack today. He loves kangaroos especially the baby Joey. That didn't take long and he wanted to do something else, so I let him glue kernels onto the letter K. We used sunflower kernels, because that's what I had handy.
I read The Blue Kangaroo one more time before nap and I will read another book about a kangaroo who can't find her cookies when the boys wake up. Then we will have milk and cookies.
No comments:
Post a Comment