Monday, January 5, 2009

Scripture Memory and Poof Painting

I got Sawyer "The Memory Bible" for Christmas this year. I decided to incorporate scripture memory into our daily lessons. Sawyer calls it his Bible study book. I really like this book because it has a verse, story, and song to go along with every letter. This works perfectly for us, since I teach the boys a letter each week. The book came with 2 cds with Kirk Cameron narrating the story. Then there is a song about each verse to help us remember the verse. I will be learning along with Sawyer. Our verse this week is "For I know the Plans I have for you declares the Lord." Jeremiah 29:11.

I introduced the letter P this week. We played with puppets and puzzles during circle time. Then I let the boys paint with bath poof balls. They painted with pink and purple paint. I can not seem to upload the picture right now. They just dipped the poof into the paint and then ran it over their paper. They also sponge painted.

Jax really wants to be involved in everything we do. This makes me happy, but it is also hard sometimes. I want him to learn too, but I constantly have to redirect him to stop eating crayons, paint, etc. He wants to do everything his big brother does. He is keeping me on my toes!

No comments: