Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Letter Q

Last week we talked about the letter q. Let's face it, there are not too many q words, so we focused on queen and quilt. The first day I let sawyer color the letter q and decorate it with glitter glue. I drew a little face and he put a crown on it to make it look like a queen.

The next day I read the boys a Bible story about Queen Esther. Then they made a paper bag puppet queen. I told them it was queen Esther. I let them both paint different parts of the queen. I cut out the hair and body parts and Sawyer helped me glue them on.
I used the Queen Esther puppet for circle time the next day.
One day we sat on a quilt and read a book about a quilt.
Then the boys helped me glue the hexagons together to form a quilt like pattern. Sawyer said it wasn't a quilt, it was a flower.

We also played the quiet game and talked about questions.

No comments: