I am really excited about the new program Carissa at 1+1+1=1 recently started called Raising Rock Stars. Basically it is just being intentional about laying a firm foundation of the Bible so that our children will "shine like stars". I decided to join in and share some of my ideas as well as learn from others. I am not only raising 2 rock stars of my own, but I am currently teaching 7 little 3 year old rock stars twice a week at our church. I just recently finished a unit on creation at home and in Mothers Day Out.
Our Bible Verse for the past two weeks has been "In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth." Gen1:1 Every morning at breakfast we read a part of the Bible, recited our verse, and sang a song. Then we did various activities throughout the day to reinforce our learning. On the first day we made these coffee filter earths. I am not sure where I found the idea, but basically we just colored coffee filters with green and blue markers and then sprayed them with water. The preschoolers absolutely loved spraying the water and it is great for their hand muscles.

Day 1: God separated the dark from the light. At home I had my boys separate these black and white pom poms. At school we separated cocoa puffs and kix and then had a yummy snack. During circle time I had different objects and pictures that were associated with day and night. We divided the objects into two groups.
Day 2: God made the sky and the water. We made these cotton ball clouds. We also went outside and talked about the different shapes we saw in the clouds. I also let the kids pour water in the home living center, which they loved.

Day 3: God made the land and the sea and all plants.
We went outside and planted grass in styrofoam cups. I had the kids decorate the cups with stickers and markers first. We also made hand print apple trees. I hung up this foam tree that I found at Michaels. My students love putting the leaves on the tree. I plan to add apples and colored leaves soon.
Day 4: God made the sun, moon, and stars. We made paper plate suns. I traced their hands on yellow and orange paper and glued them to the paper plates they had painted yellow. I don't have a picture, but they came out really cute. We also made moons and stars out of floam. I also made a color matching game with stars and clothes pins. This was a big hit! We were talking about the letter S this week, so we glued stars onto S's.
Day 5: God made the Sea Creatures and Birds
We made these rainbow fish and played with sea creatures in our water table.
They also practiced sorting colors with these fish bowls I made.
Since we were taking about the letter d and a duck is a bird I decided to make these cute D ducks from No Time for Flashcards.
Day 6: God made the animals. (God also made man on this day, but I am doing another unit on God made me that started this week). We made animal tracks with our little animals.
I really enjoyed doing these activities at home and with my students. It is nice to be able to plan once and use the ideas twice!
1 comment:
These are absolutely great ideas!! Thanks for sharing.
Post a Comment