Sawyer -42 months
Jax-24 months
Tot Trays
I have put these shape patterns out several times before, but the boys were really into them this time. They probably spent half an hour covering the designs and making their own. It was a great way to review shapes with Jax.
I have been trying to work on writing with Sawyer, but he isn't really interested in it. He does like to write on his chalkboard, so I had the idea to write letters and designs on little pieces of paper. We took turns choosing a piece of paper and copying the design. He really liked this and he was practicing his writing!
I saw these fun file folders on Ramblings of a crazy woman. I made my own variations and put them on tot trays for the boys. They saw them before I put them out one day and were so excited. They were asking for me to please put the trays out.
On another tray I put these pumpkins and gourds. I just wanted them to explore them and describe what they saw and felt. I was pleasantly surprised with their imaginations. They both thought the one Sawyer is holding looked like a microphone and took turns singing into it. Jax said the orange bumpy gourd was a chicken leg. Sawyer thought the larger light colored pumpkin looked like a big marshmallow.
I got this pumpkin ice tray at the dollar tree. I wrote numbers inside the pumpkins and had the boys put these little pom poms in the spaces. I couldn't find my little tongs, so I let them use my tweezers. It was a little tricky for Jax, but he did his best.
Fall Art
I had these orange plates and black foam, so I cut out little shapes from the foam. I put everything out and let the boys make jack-o-lantern faces. Sawyer said these were daddy and mommy pumpkins.
One day I put out paint and fall cookie cutters for the boys to paint with. They had a blast!
Letter B Activities
Here is Sawyer stringing beads on a blue pipe cleaner.
The boys helped me find B objects for our B tray.
They painted a Bb blue.
We also did blue bubble painting. I just mixed dish soap, water, and blue food coloring.
Fall Fun
Daddy took the boys to the store to pick out pumpkins. We would have gone to the pumpkin patch, but it rained non-stop for 2 weeks here and would have been very muddy. We are hoping to have a chance to take them next week.
They helped daddy clean out the seeds and the goop. Then while daddy was carving the big pumpkin the boys and I sponge painted a smaller pumpkin.
Sawyer wanted to name the pumpkin Fritz. They were proud of their pumpkin and their Daddy.
Check out what some other fun tots did this week.
5 comments:
What a fun week!
Love the gourd tot tray! Good idea!
Ok, that gourd really does look like a chicken leg, lol!! I love the idea of copying onto the chalkboard - what a great way to get him interested in writing! It looks like you had a very fun week!
Great week. My guy isn't interested in writing letters either. They will get there. I should try a chalk board.
I love all the seasonal stuff!
Post a Comment