Jax: 24 mos
Sawyer: 42 mos.
Learning Toys
The boys had fun with the lacing tools this week.
This chunky Melissa and Doug puzzle is one of Jax's favorites, but his big brother hogged it quite a bit this week.
Art and Alphabet Activities
We painted moons this week. I made the moon goop out of 1/2 cup of glue and 1 1/2 cups of shaving cream. We also made suns and stars. I will post more on this in my Raising Rock Stars post.
We talked about the letter A this week. I had the boys help me find things that started with the letter A. We found animals, apples, an alligator, airplanes, and an ant.
One day I gave the boys markers and paper to see what they would create. Sawyer wrote this and told me it was an A for his friend Aidyn. I was so proud of him. He is really trying hard to write his letters. It is great because I am not pushing him, he really wants to do it.
We made apple prints and made these cute Apple Print Trees.
When they were done stamping the A's I had them decorate this tree with apples. They loved this activity. I think they would have stamped all day, but I finally had to take the paint covered apples away. They were not real happy when I did this.
One day we made these apples. Sawyer drew a face on his apple and wrote his name at the bottom of the page. This was the first time he tried to write his name all by himself. He was upset because he said it didn't look right, but I told him how great it looked and how proud of him I am.
We made this yummy snack one day. I found the idea for these apple shakeups on the Totally Tots site. I told the boys to come to the table to cut apples and Jax ran and got this little plastic knife from his play food bucket. I had to help him, but he was actually able to cut with it.
Next they put the apples into plastic baggies. This was the hardest part, because they would not stop eating the apples. They love apples! Next, we put cinnamon and a little bit of sugar in the bags and they shook them up.
Sawyer gave the snack a thumbs up!
More Apples
I made and laminated this file folder game. We used raisins as seeds.
We also learned about apples in my class this week. Finding apples in the rice was a huge hit! I saw how big of a mess the rice made in my classroom so we used beans at home.
They also did this file folder game and apple sequencing game.
My Favorites
We took the boys to a pumpkin patch this weekend. They picked these halloween costumes out at Old Navy. I let them each choose the costume they wanted and I love them. They do too and would probably wear them everyday if I let them.
My sweet boys walking in the park.
Click here to see what went on in tot school this week.
4 comments:
Great apple activities! I like the A apple trees :)
We love to play with shaving cream. Drew will play with it forever. I love the A shaped apple trees. So cute. And the A Sawyer wrote allby himself is awesome. Drew has really no interest yet.
I love the picture of the two together in their costumes. It is too cute. How did your 2yr old do with the lacing activities? I was thinking of getting some for my son for his 2nd birthday.
He did ok with them, but he needed help. He doesn't really get the concept yet and did get a little frustrated.
My three year old is able to do them, but even he needs help sometimes.
Post a Comment