This weeks theme for open ended art over at
Mommies Wise Little Bookworms is feathers. This was perfect for us since we are talking about the letter F this week. I decided that I would let the boys glue or paint with feathers, but I couldn't find my feathers. The boys were helping me look for them when Sawyer said, "Mommy, we could paint feathers." So I got out the paint and construction paper and that's what we did.

I drew feathers and let the boys paint them. I haven't cut them out yet, but will when they get up from their nap.

Then I had them make potato print turkeys. This wasn't very open-ended, but they had fun. They made the feathers with potatoes and then I helped them glue on a turkey.

The first one is Sawyer's and the second one is Jax's.
7 comments:
You are a quick thinker. I'd probably have put off an entire project because of lack of feathers :) Those feathers and turkeys turned out very nicely.
Believe me, that was my first thought until my 3 year old came up with an idea. Sometimes I can be so narrow minded, so I was glad he was there to help me think outside the box. I am sure I will find the feathers when I am searching for something else.
Great job Mom, just go with the flow. The projects turned out great!
great job!
What great projects!! I'm in love with those potato print turkeys! And, what a great idea with the feathers! I've been meaning to do something like that with Maddie and make headbands. You've inspired me!
I love the painted feathers :)
Love both projects!
Post a Comment