Sunday, November 1, 2009

Tot School: Halloween

Tot School
Jax:25 months
Sawyer: 43 months

This was a pretty random week of tot school. We had a really busy weekend and week. My husband was out of town, so I tried to just keep the boys busy, so I didn't do much planning. When we had free time we did tot school, but it wasn't extremely organized and neither is this post.

We made little spiders one day. I found these spray painted foam balls in my craft stuff and thought they would be great for making spiders. I helped the boys count 8 legs for each spider. Sawyer wanted his spider to have lots of eyes. I thought they turned out pretty cute.

Sawyer's friend, Aidyn had a birthday this week. Here he is making her a card. He drew an A and then covered it in butterflies and dragonflies.

Jax did some fishing with his Melissa and Doug magnetic puzzle.

They put this skeleton puzzle together. Then I told them to lie down and see who was the tallest.

We talked about the letter P and pumpkins quite a bit. One night we had pepperoni pizza and named everything that we could think of that started with a p. They did pretty good with this.

Then when we finished we painted pumpkins.

It was a fun little open ended art project.

We also talked about the letter P in my 3 year old class. I set up this little produce stand. They had so much fun with this that I decided to make one at home. Jax helped me decorate the sign.

I gave them coins and set out fruit. They had fun shopping for produce.

For more tot school posts go here.

3 comments:

sbswtp said...

I like the spiders, they came out great :)

Virginia Lee said...

That is a very cool skeleton puzzle. Where did you get it? I would love to get one for Caleb.

Nicole {tired, need sleep} said...

I love those spiders, I'm going to save that idea for when we do a bug theme! It's so hard when Daddy is gone all week, isn't it? My heart goes out to you! I'm glad you survived and you provided so many great activities for your children too! I'm very impressed. :) When my husband is gone I'm at a total loss!