Sunday, August 30, 2009

Tot School

Tot School
Sawyer: 41 months
Jax:23 months
We had a good, but very busy week this past week. I didn't get my camera out much, so almost all of my pics are from the same day. I found out this week that I will be teaching mother's day out at our church. I will teach 3 year olds twice a week. I am excited about it, but have been so busy trying to get ready. I plan to continue tot school with my boys at least a few times a week.

This week the boys made L ladders. I found this idea on No Time for Flash Cards and knew the boys would love it, since they are both obsessed with fire trucks.

I ordered a few things from oriental trading a couple of weeks ago. We finally have real trays to use for tot trays. I got these nuts and bolts with Jax in mind, but Sawyer is the one who really loves to play with them.


Both boys played with this fish bowl color match I made. I helped Jax sort the colors. When Sawyer played I had him sound out the words and then sort the fish. When he was finished I had him count and we talked about which bowl had the most and the fewest.

Sawyer continues to love stickers. I got this little sticker album and automobile stickers at the Dollar Tree. He chose this activity almost every day.

We have been learning about creation during our Bible study time. On Monday we talked about how God separated the light from the dark. I put out a bowl of white and black pom poms and had the boys separate them.

The boys loved painting with their new Melissa and Doug easel.


We set up a new reading corner in their play room and it warms my heart to see them reading on their own. I am so happy they love to read.
Check out what other's did in tot school this week.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm...looks like I need to check out Oriental Trading Company again! Great ideas, thanks for sharing.

Rebecca said...

I love that easel!