Day 2 we talked about Adam and Eve.
Jax colored a picture of Adam and Eve and Sawyer hung it on the tree.
Day 3: We talked about the fall of man. My husband and I talked to the boys about sin and how the penalty of sin is death. We also told them that Jesus came to die for our sins. Jax hung an apple on the tree this day. We also wrapped a red ribbon around the tree to represent the blood that had to be shed because of sin.
Day 4: We read about Noah's arc. This is one of the boys favorite stories! They played with their animals and ark and colored a picture to hang on the tree.
Day 5: We talked about the rainbow that God sent as a promise that He would never flood the Earth again. The boys and I glued sequins onto a rainbow.
Day 6: We read about the tower of babel and colored a picture of the tower. Sawyer kept calling it the Babel castle.
Day 7: We read about the promise God made to Abraham. They colored a picture of Abraham and put star stickers on it, because God told Abraham that his descendants would be more than the stars in the sky. We also sang Father Abraham.
Day 8: We read about Isaac and colored a picture of a ram.
Today we talked about two of the symbols of Christmas. Jax colored a picture of a star. I told them that the star represents the star the wise men saw that lead them to Jesus. Sawyer colored a picture of a candle. I explained to them that a candle represents the way we should be lights in this world for Jesus. I love this time of year. It is the perfect time to reflect on the best gift of all-Jesus!
Go here to see more Raising Rock Stars posts.
No comments:
Post a Comment