I printed out these ornament alphabets and put them on magnetic trays (cookie trays). The boys worked together to match magnetic letters to the ornaments. Jax only worked for a little while, but Sawyer kept with it until he had matched every letter.
Sawyer worked on his color words with this candy cane color match game. He doesn't read, but he was able to figure out most of them on his own by looking at the letters and sounding out the words.
Jax had fun playing with his Curious George blocks.
I got this map puzzle down. It had been a while since Sawyer had worked this one, but it didn't take him long. He is a whiz at puzzles. He did not get this ability from me.
I put out this magnetic alphabet book for Jax, but Sawyer ended up playing with it. He matched all the letters to the object that began with that letter.
We love blocks around here. Sawyer was building a wall like the one in Jericho. Then we pretended to be Joshua and his army and walked around the wall 7 times and then blew our trumpets and knocked the wall down. Jax loved this!!!!
Today we did a little open ended art. I put out red and green paint at the easel. Jax painted for a long time. He told me he was painting dinosaurs and fish. I asked him if the dinosaurs would eat the fish and he said, "no, they eat cheese." Then he said he painted sharks and alligators. What an imagination he has.
His big brother on the other handed painted for about a minute and did not elaborate on what he was drawing. I didn't ask since that would be breaking one of the rules of open ended art. When we do open ended art I don't ask them what they are making or drawing I just let them create. Of course if they want to tell me about their picture I encourage them to do so.
No comments:
Post a Comment