Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Gone Postal

We are continuing to learn about community helpers this week. Today we talked about postal workers. When I asked Sawyer who brings us the mail he exclaimed, "God!" Usually that's a great answer, but it's not exactly what I was looking for.

I helped the boys make mail bags today. I just stapled construction paper together. Then I stapled on a piece of yarn for the strap. Sawyer wasn't interested in coloring on the bag, so I let him use stamps. Jax was happy to decorate using markers. He colored both sides.

Then I gave them some envelopes to decorate. I asked Sawyer who he wanted to send mail to and then I wrote on the envelopes for him.

They filled their mail bags with post cards, envelopes, and old junk mail. Then they delivered it to people's houses ( well, they really just left it all over the house for me to pick up later).

I think these are the cutest little mailmen I have ever seen.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i especially love jax's "postal" bedhead hair!

meredith said...

I know! His breakfast is also still on his face. We usually do "school" right after breakfast and before we get dressed for the day, so they look like little ragamuffins in all my pics.