Sawyer is currently 38 months
Jax is currently 20 months
We were a little off with our tot school this week. I kept my friend's kids every morning last week, so we didn't do all of the activities I had planned. We did however spend lots of time in her great back yard.
They had fun playing in the sand,
jumping on the trampoline,
picking peaches,
and watching roly polys.
We continued to learn about community helpers. One of the helpers we talked about was postal workers. I made mail bags for the boys. We also talked about how to address an envelope. Jax had fun coloring the envelopes.
We also talked about firemen. I knew this would be the most exciting for the boys. They love fire trucks! I had planned to take them to the fire station for a tour, but we didn't have a chance to last week.
I let them paint with red, yellow, and orange paint. I just put streaks of each color of a pice of paper.
Then I covered it with saran wrap and let them squish it around. This was their favorite part.
Then I quickly pulled the saran wrap from the paint. It was supposed to look like fire. I guess it did in a way. I probably didn't do the activity quite right. Oh well, they loved it anyway.
I also made this fire truck out of a diaper box one evening. It was not as cute as this one. I am not very crafty, but thankfully my kids don't mind. They had fun pushing it around, riding (sitting) in it, and putting their toys in it. They have been very busy putting out pretend fires this week.
When we were home they chose to do these activities: putting craft sticks in a water bottle,
building towers out of blocks,
playing with trucks and play-doh,
and playing with alphabet magnets.
These are my favorite pics of the week.
Sawyer catching some air on the water slide.
Jax loved hanging out at the bottom of the slide.
You can visit this site to see what other moms did in tot school this week.
1 comment:
I like the crafts sticks in a bottle activity. I love things that I can do without spending money or a lot of time!
Post a Comment