Sawyer-37 months
Jax-19 months
This is my first official tot school post. I have been getting great ideas from this site and others for a few weeks now and thought I would join in on the fun. My blog could use some work which I will get to as soon as I find the time and figure out what I am doing.
I started a community helpers theme this week with the boys. We learned about doctors, nurses, librarians, and teachers this week. I changed out a few of their tot buckets.
In one bucket I put medicine measuring cups, spoons, and syringes. They had a blast playing in the water with these toys. This would be great for a water table. Unfortunately are house is in the market so lots of our stuff is in storage.
We did a couple of table activities using medical supplies which you can find here and here.
One of our buckets had a toy doctors kit and a bag with pictures of each object. I had the boys close their eyes and reach into the doctor's kit to feel for each object and match it with the picture.
I saw on someone else's blog that they put the trays on their fire place. I tried it one day and it worked really well. I just brought them in for a little while and then moved them back to Sawyer's room.
Jax chose to scoop and pour beans.
They both played with Mr. Potato Head quite a bit this week.
The boys were constantly getting into these cd cases, so I decided to cut out colored shapes to put inside. I put different sized shapes so Sawyer could put them in order from biggest to smallest and Jax just had fun matching the colors and putting them in the cases.
Sawyer liked these body part puzzles I got at Wal-Mart.
They also decorated book marks when we talked about librarians. We played library too. I made them each their own library card and practiced checking out books from our book shelf.
We talked about teachers and visited daddy's school on Friday. He is a teacher and we visited one of his math classes and then had lunch with him. We are so proud of how hard he works.
Check out this blog to see what others did in tot school this week.
3 comments:
What a great week! Your tots seem to be having so much fun and learning so much. Thanks for sharing!!
Great ideas! I love the Community Helpers theme. It reminds me of that song from Sesame Street, "These are the people in your neighborhood".
Thanks! I almost forgot about that song. We will have to sing it this week as we learn about more helpers.
Post a Comment