Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Daddy's Favorite Cookies

Justin worked late every evening last week and the boys and I really missed him. One day we decided to make his favorite cookies. He loves No Bake Cookies and I thought this recipe was really yummy.
Ingredients:
4 oz butter
1/2 cup milk
2 cups sugar
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
3-4 Tbsp peanut butter
3 cups oats
1 tsp. vanilla extract

Place choc. chips, peanut butter, oats, and vanilla in large mixing bowl.
Then combine butter, milk, and sugar in sauce pan. Bring to boil for 1 minute.

Combine hot and dry mixture.

Stir well and scoop onto wax paper.

Lick the bowl and spoon. I don't let my kids lick the bowl if there are raw eggs in the mixture, so Sawyer was so excited that he got to do this.

We left a few out for Justin along with cards the boys made him. I think he came in around 3:30 a.m. and had a little bedtime snack. This was a fun activity that both my kids enjoyed. It was a great opportunity to spend time together, learn about measurement, and enjoy a yummy treat.

No comments: