We had a fun week of tot school this week. My camera battery was charged and I took lots of pictures of the boys. On Monday we did this activity. Sawyer did a pretty good job of telling me what he saw. I was also surprised at how well Jax did. I thought he would just say whatever Sawyer said, but he was able to name some things on his own. They both liked the googly eyes.
On Tuesday the boys followed me out to the garage while I took out the trash. It was thundering and raining, so I let them sit and watch the rain for a minute. Then I thought that it made a good five senses lesson. We talked about what it sounded like, looked like, smelled like, felt like, and even tasted like. They loved it!
We also did different taste, smell, touch, and sound activities this week.
They both liked exploring with this touch bucket
and Jax liked reading and touching this "Who do you love book?" This has always been one of our favorites.
I printed off a few match boards this week. This one has pictures of the boys on our water slide. They both liked playing with this.
One of Sawyer's favorite activities this week was hammering his number puzzle. He chose it almost every day.
I made these homemade nesting bags. I just put different size make-bags together so that the boys could practice zipping and unzipping. Sawyer did well with this, but was disappointed that their wasn't anything in the last bag. Jax did this with help from me.
We went to the zoo one day this week. Jax is such an animal lover. He points to all the animals and tells me it's name and the sound it makes. Sawyer just likes to run around and climb on everything.
I planned a few sensory activities for the boys to do outside. We made goop one day using equal parts corn starch and water. At first they didn't want to touch it, but once they did they were hooked. They made a huge mess on the porch, but enjoyed every minute of it. They also played with shaving cream.
Jax really liked scooping and pouring rice this week.
I have tried having them arrange flowers several times and they have never been very interested. Sawyer got into it this time though. I combined it with pouring rice and he liked that.
These are some of my favorite pictures from the week.
My sweet baby boy!
Sawyer has been working on getting himself dressed this week. He is doing a great job, even though he puts his clothes on backwards about half the time.
You can go here to find out what other parents did in tot school this week.
1 comment:
What a great week! My kids are always hesitant to touch things like goop too!
Post a Comment