This week we are learning about the 5 senses. Yesterday, we talked about the sense of sight. Those pics are still on the camera, so I will post on that later. Today I read the book about the sense of touch. We talked about our skin and how it covers our whole body.

The boys made a texture collage today. First, I traced their hands on paper and cut them out. I supplied all types of objects like feathers, pom pom balls, craft sticks, gel stickers, sandpaper, and more and had them glue them to the paper. They also glued on their paper hand. Jax is in the high chair, because he was not cooperating at the small table.

Sawyer did really with this. He started and then got distracted, but he eventually came back and finished it. He asked for his Thomas stickers and added a few of those. Then I gave him another piece of paper and he put stickers on it for about 20 minutes.


I also put lots of object with different textures in this bucket and had the boys explore them. I tried to get Sawyer to use his describing words, but he wasn't interested. They had fun trying to stick things to the sticky tape.
No comments:
Post a Comment