Today we learned about taste and smell. I had planned to talk about smell yesterday, but we went to the zoo instead. I started this morning during breakfast by having the boys taste test 4 different flavors of yogurt. I put them in cups and had them smell and make predictions about what flavor it would be. They both smelled, but I let Sawyer make the predictions. Then I had them taste and make another prediction. Then I told him what flavor it was. He did pretty good, but he got raspberry and blackberry mixed up. They enjoyed eating the leftover yogurt.

Next, I read them a book about taste and we talked about our taste buds. I put sour lemons, bitter cocoa, salty crackers, and sweet jelly beans on a plate. I asked Sawyer how each would taste and then let him try it. Then we looked at our taste buds in a mirror.

For smell we made these easy flowers. I had them glue a muffin cup on top of a cut out stem and leaves. Then they colored the flowers with markers. I sprayed the muffin cups with perfume and had the boys smell their flowers.
No comments:
Post a Comment