We had a pretty good week last week. Daddy worked late every night last week, so the boys really missed him. With Father's Day on Sunday we made several things for daddy and read lots of books about Daddies.
I got these piggy banks from the Dollar Tree and was surprised how much they loved them. Sawyer really took his time painting his.
The next day when the banks were dry the boys had fun putting coins in their banks. I introduced the names of each coin. It was good counting practice for Sawyer. Jax did this over and over, so it was a great activity for developing his fine motor skills
Last week Sawyer and I cut out pictures of families. This week we made a collage with those pictures. We talked about the people in the pictures and what they were doing. Then they glued the pictures to this paper grocery bag.
Puzzles continue to be a favorite activity with my boys. Sawyer loves these 25 piece puzzles I got from the dollar spot at target.
Sawyer made a card for Daddy. He asked to spell his name with these stickers. He chose the letters for his name and then I helped him with the rest.
One day I let the boys sponge paint. Later, I used their art work to cover this Pringles container. I found the idea here. I thought it was a good idea and it gave me an excuse to by and eat Pringles.
Then we made Daddies favorite no bake cookies to put in his decorated container. I will post the recipe later on. My boys were such big helpers.
We left these cards and cookies out for Daddy to find when he came in one night.
Check out Carissa's blog for more fun tot school posts.
3 comments:
Wow, what wonderful activities you did with your little ones last week! I love that you were able to incorporate Father's Day into the learning process.
Great activity to do with the piggy banks and coins. I never even thought about the fine motor connection with putting the money into the bank slots.
Many blessings to you this next week,
Valerie
Ok I love the piggy bank idea! What sweet little ones you have to give so much love to their daddy.
This looks like a fun week. I guess your piggy banks were a lucky find. I looked for them for a while, and I am pretty sure that they don't have them in my Dollar Tree. Now I am even more motivated to find them :)
Post a Comment