
Sawyer loves jelly beans, so I knew I needed to think of some way to incorporate them into a lesson. I decided to teach Sawyer how to make a graph. This was the first time I had ever done this with him and it went really well. First, I let the boys separate the jelly beans by color. They each snuck one to eat.

Then I showed Sawyer how to put the beans on the graph. He counted them as he did this.

Next, he colored in the graph. The last thing we did was look at the graph and talk about what color we had the most and fewest of.

I let the boys eat one of each color, so Jaxon was happy with that.
1 comment:
such fun activities!
i find it ironic that their uncle jon hates, yes hates, jelly beans... yet will eat the hot tamale candies! (it's a cinnamon jelly bean)
Post a Comment