Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Letter Y

This week we are learning about the letter Y. There are not a ton of words that start with Y, so I am trying my best. We talked about yogurt, yarn, yellow, yippee, and yo-yos. Sawyer said, "what's a yo-yo?"
The first activity we did is glue yarn to construction paper.

It was simple enough for both boys to do without much help. I just put glue on Jax's paper and he put put the yarn on.

Yesterday, I brought out the shaving cream. Both of the boys love this activity. I like to do prewriting practice by having Sawyer write letters in the cream. He wrote a couple of letters, but he was more interested in just smashing it around.
Today we made yellow y collages. First, they colored the y yellow with colors and markers.
Then they glued on yellow paper and put on yellow stickers.
My poor kids are never fully dressed for these pictures. Jaxon had just eaten lunch, so i took his shirt off so he wouldn't make a mess. Sawyer had just used the bathroom and didn't put his pants back on. They really do have plenty of clothes.

No comments: